Welcome Back, Dr. Jones



The reviews are in. Ebert loved it. Rotten Tomatoes rates it a 78%.

I haven't seen it yet. I've been catching my daughter up on the previous films before we go see it.

It's getting hard to wait.

As a kid I learned a big lesson from the Indiana Jones movies that has always stuck with me. That things don't always go smooth for a hero (and we're all the star of our own movie, right?). In 90% of the action sequences in these films, Indy is at his most vulnerable. His fights are ungainly, he gets his but kicked more than anything. And just when he gives us that little cock-sure smile of his, things go from bad to worse. But he always hangs in there, takes his lumps and perseveres. And he's a part-time teacher.

Now that's an action hero.

__

0 comments:

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger